Bananapple Muffins with Spices
Prep Time: 20 min.
Cooking Time: 18-20 min.
- 1 ripe banana, mashed with a fork
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 apple, finely grated
Category C – 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 2 cup ground almond meal
- ¼ cup ground flaxseeds
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground cloves
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- ½ tsp Celtic salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Prepare a muffin tin by lining the holes with paper muffin cups. Or lightly grease the tin with melted coconut oil.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the A ingredients.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk the dry B ingredients together.
- Pour the melted oil (C) in the wet banana mixture and whisk together.
- Pour half the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients; mix with a wooden spoon. Add the rest of the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Fill each muffin hole ¾ of the way to the top, leaving room for expansion. Dust a little ground cinnamon on top of muffins. Bake 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of a muffin comes out clean.
- Serve while hot
- Instead of an apple, you can use a ripe pear.
- You can create a different spice combination.
- Finely chopped candied ginger and raisins are great with the apple.