Exotic Fruit Salad
Prep Time: 10 min.
This pretty salad allows you to be as creative as you want with the fruit you have on hand.
It makes a wonderful “breakfast appetizer” or a healthy no-baking-required dessert.
It can be refrigerated to be enjoyed later, or packed to go.
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- Seeds of ½ pomegranate
- 1 mango, peeled, pitted and chopped
- ½ pineapple, chopped
- 3 kiwis, peeled and sliced
- 12 lychees, canned or fresh and peeled
- 1 cup of grapes, red, green or blue, seeded
- Fresh mint sprig, chopped
Add lime zest and juice to a large mixing bowl. Stir to blend.
Add the fruit pieces. Stir gently to coat. Sprinkle with chopped mint.
Divide in serving bowls and serve. If it is for dessert, serve it in pretty glassware, topped with black sesame seeds.
- Add ¼ cup of toasted nuts such as almonds, pine nuts.
- Add 1-2 tbsp of ground flaxseeds and 1 tbsp of flaxseed oil.
- For garnish, add 1-2 tbsp toasted sesame seeds, or black sesame seeds or a combination of nuts and seeds.
- Add 1 tsp finely grated ginger☺, or candied ginger.
- Instead of mint, thinly sliced basil and coriander leaves give the salad a Thai essence.