Pineapple with Mint Paste
Prep Time: 15 min.
This is an amazingly cooling treat that you and your family will savour and polish off quickly. Guaranteed!
The bright green of the mint against the golden yellow of the pineapple makes this fruit dessert so irresistible.
A great festive light dessert that is perfect for the Holiday season.
- 1 fresh pineapple, peeled, cored and cut into chunks or in thin half-moons
- 2 cups of fresh mint leaves
- 2 tbsp cane sugar or sucanat or coconut sugar
- To garnish: Lime zest, pomegranate seeds, and extra mint leaves
- Arrange the pineapple chunks or half-moons on a serving platter.
- With a pestle and mortar, bruise and crush the mint leaves with 2 tbsp of the sugar or sucanat, working the mass into a paste. Add more sugar as needed to achieve a moist, bright green paste.
- With a spatula or a spoon, spread the paste over the pineapple pieces.
- To garnish: Sprinkle the lime zest and the pomegranate seeds on top. Garnish with mint leaves.