Salade de légumes marinés
(Marinated Vegetable Salad)
Prep Time: 20 min.
Cooking Time: 10 min.
Chilling Time: 1-2 hours.
I like to bring this salad to pot-luck parties and picnics because it can be prepared ahead of time, no reheating is required, and it travels well.
- ½ cauliflower, cut into florets.
- ½ broccoli, cut into florets .
- 1 carrot, peeled and cut in thin slices .
- ½ lb each of green beans and yellow wax beans, trimmed.
- ½ sweet red pepper, seeded and cut into chunks.
- ¼ small red onion, thinly sliced.
- ½ cup of pitted olives (green, black or Kalamata).
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes.
- Fresh parsley and basil, chopped to garnish.
In a screw-top glass jar, combine all ingredients. Screw the lid on and shake vigorously.
- 3 tbsp olive oil.
- 3 tbsp cider vinegar.
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard.
- 1 tsp maple syrup.
- 1 garlic clove, minced.
- ½ tsp dried oregano.
- ½ tsp dried rosemary.
- 1 tsp Celtic salt.
- ½ tsp ground black pepper.
- In a pot, boil some water with 1 tsp salt over high heat. Add cauliflower and the broccoli florets; cover and cook until crisp, 2-3 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Add carrots and beans to the boiling water; cover and cook until crisp, 2-3 minutes or less. Transfer to the large bowl.
- In the large bowl, add the peppers, olives, and red onion. Stir to combine. Pour the dressing over the vegetables and stir to mix. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- To serve, toss in the cherry tomatoes, and garnish with the chopped herbs.